As I mentioned in the original ABC Workout post, I plan on changing the program every two months. Considering I started it on August 21, 2018, it is time now to review it. But first, a little recap.
Since August 21, I ended up doing 7 cycles of the ABC workout. That means I worked out 21 times in two months, or roughly every other weekday. That’s less than I expected, so it’s something to work on next time. For this round, I’m setting a goal of doing 10 rounds.
The workout was challenging but very rewarding. I definitely felt a difference in my strength and body. I also was able to increase the weights I’d been lifting by quite a bit. I definitely like this formula and I think it’s something I can stick with.
I’m adding a little twist this time around: the C workout will still be free, but I am going to focus on core/abs workouts. I will have a standard workout to go to, and have the flexibility to try different workouts if I want to add some variety. So here’s the new ABC Workout, starting tomorrow:
In Workout A I do arms, legs, and chest.
- Biceps EZ bar curl: 3 sets of 12
- EZ bar skull crusher: 3 sets of 12
- Zottman bicep curls: 3 sets of 12
- Dips: 3 sets of 12
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10
- Leg extension: 3 sets of 10
- Bench Flys: 3 sets of 10
- Calf raises: 3 sets of 10
- Decline Dumbbell Press: 3 sets of 10
- Leg curl: 3 sets of 10
In Workout B I do shoulders, back, and powerlifts.
- Lat pulldowns: 3 sets of 10
- Dumbbell rear lateral raises: 3 sets of 10
- Dumbbell presses: 3 sets of 10
- Neutral grip pull-ups: 3 sets of 10
- Cable rows: 3 sets of 10
- Dumbbell lateral raises: 3 sets of 10
In Workout C I do core/abs.
45 seconds, 10 seconds break. Repeat until you can’t do 45s, then move to the next exercise.
- Landmine side-to-side
- Heels to the Heavens
- Step-through Plank
- X-Man Crunch (12 reps)
- Alternating thread the needle (10 on each side)
- Alternating Jack Knives
- Stationary bike
- Serratus roll-outs
- Band punches, feet back to back
- Serratus crunch pulldowns
0 comments on “The ABC Workout, November/December 2018”