So I just invented something. It’s the ABC Workout plan.
Here’s why I invented this:
- It’s hard to come up with workout plans that are different and exciting every day.
- Though I’d love to workout every day, reality is I don’t. I need a plan that works when I don’t.
- I want to be able to stick with something for at least two months before I think about changing it.
- Though I follow a ton of fitness bloggers and YouTubers, I haven’t seen something that works for me in all aspects.
Here’s the gist:
- There are 3 workouts: A, B, and C.
- Every day you workout, all you have to remember is which workout you did last time. Was it A? Then today you do B. Was it C? Then today you do A. Was it B? Then today you do C.
- If you miss a workout day (or days), just pick up from where you left off. So, if you last worked out 2 weeks ago, and you did workout A, today when you’re back at the gym you do workout B.
- A and B are set workouts. The C workout is the creative workout. That’s when you do something different and fun. Maybe a jog. Maybe a bike ride. Maybe a swim. Maybe a basketball game.
- Every time you complete a ABC cycle, write it down.
Here’s an example:
For August and September 2018, my workouts are as follows:
In Workout A I do arms, legs, and chest.
- Biceps bar curl: 4 sets of 12
- Dips: 5 sets of 8
- Incline bicep hammer curl: 3 sets of 12
- Tricep cable pulldown: 3 sets of 12
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 10
- Leg extension: 4 sets of 10
- Bench Flys: 4 sets of 10
- Calf raises: 4 sets of 10
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 10
- Leg curl: 4 sets of 10
- Lat pulldowns: 3 sets of 10
- Dumbbell rear lateral raises: 3 sets of 10
- Dumbbell presses: 3 sets of 10
- Neutral grip pull-ups: 3 sets of 8-10
- Cable rows: 3 sets of 10
- Dumbbell lateral raises: 3 sets of 10
As I mentioned above, C stands for creative. On C days, I’ll run, or go for a long walk, or a bike ride, etc.
And that’s it. I’ll just stick to this for two months and share my workout days here in this blog as I have been in the past little while.
Starting in October I’ll change my workouts A and B and then do them for another two months.
I’m hoping to learn something in this process, and as usual, whatever I learn I’ll share here or over at cesar.blog.
Pingback: Workout B, October 14, 2018 – The ABC Workout